Polls are now open for the Helen Cox Journalism Club. Follow the link below to submit your vote for our next Editor in Chief and name of the school paper.
I am excited to announce the date of our next Journalism Club meeting. We will meet on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 to discuss and finalize our school newspaper. This is a VERY important meeting as we will be making tons of decisions that will guide the future of our paper.
- Election of Editor in Chief
- Vote on name of school newspaper
- Select and assign standing writing columns (determine needs: photography, design, etc)
- Discuss expectations and deadlines
- Assign technology needs and checkout/check-in process
- Other items as needed (comment on this post if you want to add something)
Email me with any questions or concerns. Email (email@example.com), Tweet (@mrjurateach), Phone/Text (678-365-6645).
Mr. J (Advisor)
Thanks to all of you who attending our first meeting of the Helen Cox Newspaper Club. We have a lot of work to do to get this newspaper and website off the ground and running successfully. I think the most important things we need to figure out are:
1) What days and times are best to meet as a whole group?
2) Who will be our Editor in Chief?
3) What do we want to cover in the paper?
4) What will we name the paper?
I have created a Google Doc form that we can all use to answer these questions. I know Brendaysha is interested in running for the office of Editor in Chief, I don't know if anyone else is interested in that position. We will also need section editors for the Sports section and also for the Layout of the paper/website.
Please complete this Google Doc form by Friday, October 17th at the latest. I will update with a new blog post and email/text at that time.
Mr. Jura - School Newspaper Adviser
Our high school newspaper technology donation has been funded! The school newspaper will be receiving a new HP Touchscreen Desktop Computer, Cannon Digital Camera, Color Laser Printer, Scanner, and more. We will be coordinating our first organizational meeting in the coming weeks. Please join us in produc